Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

I hope you all had a *marvelous* weekend.

Our Memorial Day weekend typically involves cooking out every night, killing ourselves running a 5k, and swimming at the pool or the lake.
This year, we had pretty much the same plans....until the hubby found a car that tickled his fancy in Miami, FL.
So, next thing I know, we are on a plane to Miami for the weekend with the kids in Tuscaloosa with my mom.
We stayed until Monday and then drove home.


I have to say, I am not super bummed about missing the 5k. I hadn't trained properly and it was a whopping 95 degrees outside. All of the runners that I talked to said it was the worst ever.
I am very thankful to have the opportunity to spend the weekend with my husband for some much needed r&r and I am just as thankful for the men and women who serve/have served to protect us.


No comments: