Thursday, September 8, 2011

Chicken Teriyaki

Sorry for the absence but things have been busy in the Taylor household.

I just had to post this "recipe" that I whipped up last night.
It had been a while since I had cooked and the hubby had noticed!
I was tired of the same ole same ole so I decided on Chicken Teriyaki and
BOTH of my kids gobbled it up.

Fast and Easy Chicken Teriyaki
One deli roasted chicken from the grocery store
(HEY! I said it was quick and easy right?!)
3 bell peppers, I like color so I used green, yellow, and red
A few handfuls of sliced mushrooms
1 chopped onion
about 1 cup of terkiyaki sauce
1, 8oz can of pineapple chunks WITH juice
a few shakes of garlic powder
about 1/4 cup of flour
I sauteed all of the raw veggies in a little oil until slightly tender then added the teriyaki sauce and pineapple chunks with juice. I may even use a larger can of pineapple next time because we really liked the pineapple. Then chop up some of that chicken and throw it in. Sprinkle the garlic powder over and stir. You could also add some red pepper flakes here if you like spice. Add a little but of flour to thicken the sauce and after it thickens, serve over rice. (I used boil in bag brown rice).

Yum-O!

No comments: