Thursday, April 23, 2009

Chores

So, I have been trying to get Aubree in the habit of doing "chores". So far she really enjoys it...probably because she gets so much praise for a job well done. Today, she even offered to clean her brothers room (move exersaucer to the wall and pick blankets up off the floor).

So far, all I have given her is folding towels, cleaning her room, and feeding the dog. I am trying to come up with some sort of "responsibility chart" with pictures of her chores so she might get used to doing them without being asked and if she does them for a week she would receive a surprise (ice cream?). Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might pull this off? I am hoping for something a little cuter than poster board with pictures glued on.

Now that I think about it...something like this might be nice for me :) Everyone needs a little organization in their life!


1 comment:

Apryl Murphy said...

the melissa and doug brand make a super cute one...we have that one...ava does chores too...she folds towels and cleans her room! be happy aubree is content with praise...ava gets $5 a week and we have to make a special bank trip every friday so she can get her money LOL