Monday, March 14, 2011

Our weekend/thank GOODNESS for practice games

Aubree has started her first season of t-ball and I could NOT be more excited.
I played softball all of my life and loved every minute and I hope she loves it just as much.

She is (of course) the smallest on her team...
 ..by about 4 inches and 10 pounds..
She definetly holds her own though.
The way they do t-ball now is very cool and I think it helps the kids learn faster.
They get 3 pitches from the coach and if they don't hit those they get 3 swings from the tee....
ohhh, the tee....
Aubree can hit pitches all day long but if you put that tee in front of her its over.
She can't hit off that thing to save her life.
So, Saturday she had a scrimmage game.
We had practiced throwing and catching and hitting with her for over a year now but had never explained the process of playing (hitting, running to 1st, etc..)
We just figured the coaches would go over that in practice and it would be easier for her to learn by doing....not listening.
WELL....She gets up to bat for the first time in the scrimmage game and wacks the first pitch....and stands there....and stands there....and stands there....
all while we are I am hysterically screaming "RUN TO FIRST AUBREE!!!"
She looks at me from the field like "whattheheck is 1st mom!?"
So, of course she gets called out at first.

Next at bat....she fouls off the balls the coach pitches so she has to hit from the tee...
I just buried my head in my hands...this is not gonna be pretty...
low and behold, she hits it off the tea...and ran some squiggly line to first base and due to an overthrow is safe! PHEW! Now she is on base....
Next batter comes up and hits a dinky ball to the pitcher and Aubree runs.....BACK TO HOME PLATE!
Oh, dear...I just cant handle this...
Her coach turns her around and sends her on to second base.

Gladly, her third and final at bat was much less exciting. She got a base hit and made it around to score before the end of the inning.
On our way out of the ballpark we saw a baseball team practing their base running...
we decided to stop and let Aubree take a few pointers...I think she gets it now.

After the practice game we headed over to Josh and Emily's to hang out and have a cookout.
Josh is a master smoker and makes the best SMOKED MEATLOAF...
(yep, you read that right..)
Oh, it was super yum. He also fixed grilled wild duck and grilled corn and I made mashed red skin potatoes and chocolate chip cookies.

Sunday after church....Zach, Gramps (his dad), and Aubree left for Guntersville to do some fishing..and thats the only photo I have for this post...sad, I know.

...more about that here....
so Griffy and I just spent a relaxing afternoon at home watching movies and doing a few chores here and there....all in all it was a wonderful weekend.

Next weekend we have her first real ball game...I will be sure to have pics and videos!

No comments: